“Going to the cloud” is often spoken as something simple and inevitable. All we have to do is to save our existing services with a cloud provider and everything will be fine. Isn’t it?
In this hands-on workshop, attendees will learn the various considerations that come into play, such as creating cloud-native services from scratch or migrating existing applications from traditional data centres to cloud native platforms. These changes involve all businesses, technical and cultural aspects of product delivery in the 21st century. So come prepared for a healthy dose of both conversation and code about what cloud-native is about.
What you can expect to learn:
- Cloud-native: need, want, or hype?
- Commodities of the cloud: what’s up there?
- Components of a cloud-native service: what we need to do
- Measuring cloud-nativeness to see how far we have come
Who Should Attend
- Operations Engineers
- Tech Leads
- Product Managers
Instructions for Attendees
- Be comfortable using a terminal instead of a GUI
- Bring along an internet-enabled laptop with at least 8GB RAM/4 CPU) and admin privileges
- Installed Docker on your laptop (check by running `docker-version`)