This 3-hour workshop provides a foundation on how to ensure the security of container-based deployments of modern applications.
Attendees are invited to run sample container-scanning tools to identify vulnerabilities prior to deployment using CI/CD platform. Before the start of the hands-on session, an introduction to containers and how security issues lurk in default container deployments will be covered.
After scanning the images for vulnerabilities, attendees will work on reducing the privileges and minimising the threats associated with containers. This can be done by mediating the issues to make containers secure for deployment. Attendees will then go through a release workflow to deploy the scanned containers to its designated hosting environment.
This workshop is technical in nature and is applicable to any container-based application.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who is using containers in their day-to-day work.
- Anyone who intends to move to a container-based development environment.
Instructions for Attendees
- Bring along an internet-enabled laptop with Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox
- Have access to a Terminal and SSH client
- Understand how to use Docker to build and deploy a containerised application
- Have worked with containerised applications
- Know basic software development
- Know basic Linux administration